Vendor Rules and Regulations
The Dalles Farmers’ Market is made possible through support from Northern Wasco County Parks and Recreation District and vendors like you. The Dalles Farmers’ Market strives to provide the public with a variety of locally and regionally grown produce and locally produced craft items, which are otherwise difficult to acquire.
Our 2018 Market season will again be located at:
The Dalles City Park
5th and Union St
The Dalles, Oregon 97058
The Dalles Farmers’ Market will occur:
Saturdays, June through October
All food items MUST be appropriately labeled and sold according to Oregon Department Agriculture guidelines, available at the following websites:
No food or produce items bought from wholesale distributors such as Costco and other organizations will be sold at The Dalles Farmers’ Market.
Craft items to be sold at The Dalles Farmers’ Market must be handmade; items using local products are preferred.
Every vendor must submit a complete application form and be approved before participation at The Dalles Farmers’ Market may occur.
Vendor participation at The Dalles Farmers’ Market 2018 season will occur after approval by both the Northern Wasco County Parks and Recreation District (NWCPRD) and The Dalles Farmers’ Market Manager. Vendor selection by the market manager will be based on product variety and quality, conduct, locality, and space availability. The market manager has the authority to decide on new vendors during the market season. The Dalles Farmers’ Market encourages all produce vendors to enroll and participate in Farm Direct Nutrition Programs (FDNP), which help support seniors and those in need of assistance. In 2018, funds for the FDNP are over $16,000. Only vendors that are signed up to accept FDNP can accept these vouchers. To sign up with the FDNP program, call 503-872-6600 to start your application. As our focus continues to be on local farmers and produce, we have limited the number of craft sites available at the market; 4 craft vendors for every 6 produce vendors. The Dalles Farmers’ Market may accept or refuse anyone as a market vendor. The Dalles Farmers’ Market prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, and where applicable, sex, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, political beliefs, reprisal, or because all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program.
Annual Market Membership Fee – $35
There is a one-time fee of $35, due with completed application. This fee enables The Dalles Farmers’ Market the funds necessary to pay for use of The Dalles City Park, advertisement, refreshments, and market necessities. If application is denied dues will be refunded. Non-Profits and children under 12 are exempt from this fee.
Vendor Fee – $12 per market
Every vendor is required to pay a weekly fee of $12 per booth at the end of every market attended. An envelope and tally sheet will be delivered toward the beginning of every market and vendors must return the envelope and completed tally sheet with appropriate fee to the manager at the end of every market. EBT and debit tokens need to go in the envelope and the vendor will be reimbursed by check the following week at the latest. The Dalles Farmers’ Market uses the information gathered to determine market growth. Non-Profit vendors are exempt from this fee unless the non-profit vendor is selling at which time the same booth fee will be applicable.
Community Table – 20% of daily sales, and no more than $35 in total product
Produce may be placed on consignment at The Dalles Farmers’ Market booth to be sold by the Market Manager. All items must be labeled with prices. Any proceeds from consignment items or remaining items must be picked up before market closure or proceeds will be donated to The Dalles Farmers’ Market and produce items will be donated to a food bank.
No produce items bought from wholesale distributors or third parties will be sold at The Dalles Farmers’ Market. Craft items sold at The Dalles Farmers’ Market must be handmade and preferably contain local products. All items must be appropriately labeled and sold according to Oregon Department Agriculture guidelines available at:
Produce from Second Party
No food or produce items bought from wholesale distributors or third parties will be sold at The Dalles Farmers’ Market. Vendors may only sell produce bought from a second party if the produce was grown by the second party. Vendor must have visible signage indicating where second party produce was grown and purchased.
Oregon Department of Agriculture allows non-profit organizations to make and sell items such as jams, breads, cookies, candies, etc. to raise funds for non-profit organizations. Signage indicating food items were not made in a certified kitchen is mandatory.
Insurance and Licenses
Liability insurance is required for all vendors by Northern Wasco County Parks and Recreation District and requires each vendor to add North Wasco County Parks and Recreation District as an additional insured to each vendors private insurance. Vendors are responsible for all damages and injuries acquired at or by their booths, produce, or other reason. All vendors must have at their booth, if appropriate, food handlers cards, proof of commercial kitchen, organic certificate, restaurant permit, and all other permits, licenses, certificates, etc. as required by law, see ODA Food Safety.
Vendors will take all questions, concerns, and grievances to the Market Manager who will manage the issue and notify the board when this occurs. Market Manager can be reached at The Dalles Farmers’ Market Information booth, by phone at 541-965-3658 or online at TheDallesFarmersMarket@gmail.com. The Market Manager has authority to remove a vendor(s) or product(s) from the market.
Booths – MUST be 12 feet by 12 feet (12’ x 12’) or smaller.
Northern Wasco County Parks and Recreation District requires canopies be no larger than 12 x 12 feet. All canopies, tents, or overhanging structures must have each leg weighted with 25lbs to prevent them from blowing over. Stakes are not allowed. Vendors will be responsible for supplying, storing and hauling their tables and/or tent.
Vendors may begin setting up their booths 1 hour before markets opens and ALL vendors must be completely set up by market opening. Vendors must be at their booth location 30 minutes before market opening; those who show up later may lose their space to accommodate market flow. If running late contact Market Manager by phone to hold space. Vendors must park either across the street or in the parking lot across the street. Parking next to the park is reserved for customers.
Vendors should provide a pleasant, safe, family friendly atmosphere during market hours. All items sold at The Dalles Farmers’ Market should be of good quality. All vendors will follow regulation set for by NWCPRD and The Dalles Farmers’ Market. Vendors will take all questions, concerns, and grievances to the Market Manager who will appropriately manage the issue. Vendors are to only discuss grievances with the Market Manager. Market Manager has authority to remove vendor(s) or product(s) from the market.
Vendors who sell out of goods are not allowed to breakdown their booths until the end of the market. Vendors may leave the market and return at the end of the market to breakdown, however vendors must place a “Sold Out” sign visible to all customers before leaving.
Vendors may begin taking down their booths only after market closes. In case of medical emergencies contact the Market Manager.
Vendors must remove all debris from booth area and must dispose of excess cooler water off site. A fine up to $20.00 may be assessed for noncompliance.
No pets allowed in the vending area. Service dogs only in vending area during farmers’ market.
Vendors must indicate days unable to attend market, otherwise space will be lost if vendor is missing for 3 or more market weeks. Vendors should notify Market Manager for unexpected absences to retain space at market.
Hold Harmless Clause
All vendors participating in The Dalles Farmers’ Market shall be individually and severally liable for any loss, personal injury, deaths, and /or any other damages which may occur as a result of vendor, employee, agent, or associates negligence. All vendors agree to indemnify and save The Dalles Farmers’ Market and market board from any loss, costs, damages, or other expense including attorneys fees, suffered or incurred by The Dalles Farmers’ Market by reason of vendor negligence or intentional misconduct or that of its employees, agents, and associates; provided the vendor shall not be liable for nor required to indemnify The Dalles Farmers’ Market or market board for the negligence of any vendor or their agents, employees, or associates. No insurance is provided by The Dalles Farmers’ Market it is recommended each vendor carry their own personal and product liability insurance and provide a copy to The Dalles Farmers’ Market.
The Dalles Farmers’ Market, Inc. Assurance of Nondiscrimination
In compliance with the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and subsequent rules and regulations, The Dalles Farmers’ Market (TDFM) has evidence, written or otherwise, that it does not conduct programs for, nor cooperate in conducting programs with any public or private agency, organization, or group that discriminates on the basis of race, color, or national origin in its membership requirements or in any services offered.
TDFM must also have evidence that it does not conduct programs for, nor cooperate in conducting programs with any public or private agency, organization, or group that discriminates on the basis of physical or mental handicap in compliance with the Section 504 of the 1973 Rehabilitation Act.
Furthermore, it is inconsistent with Title IX of the 1972 Education Amendments for TDFM to provide significant assistance to any public or private agency, organization, or group that discriminates in its membership requirements or in any services offered on the basis of sex.
Northern Wasco County Park & Recreation District: Rules and Regulations
602 W. 2nd Street, The Dalles, OR 97058
- No person shall cut, remove, or damage any flowers, trees, or shrubs without prior obtained permission from the Executive Director.
- No person shall build any fire within any facilities except in a stove or fireplace provided therefore solely with the use of manufactured fuel. No charcoal BBQ’s allowed without special permit. NO dumping of used charcoal allowed anywhere on park grounds or trash cans.
- No person shall permit any dog to run at large within any facility, and all dogs within the facilities shall be kept in control on leash at all times. Owners and possessor of dogs within the facilities shall immediately remove feces deposited by dog under their control.
- No motor vehicles or motor bikes shall be operated, stopped, parked, or left standing any place in a facility except on roads and parking areas provided therefore without a permit previously obtained from the Executive Director visibly displayed in the windshield of said vehicle.
- Speed limit 15 miles per hour within roadway located within the facilities.
- No person shall ride or drive any horse or non-domestic animal or permit any horse or non-domestic animal to go upon any portion of any public park except on the roads and regularly provided parking areas in said facilities.
- Parking, entering or remaining in facilities, with the exception of the Ted Walker Memorial Swimming Pool parking lot, in the night time, ½ hour after sunset, is prohibited and all persons shall be excluded from said facilities between 12:00am and ½ hour before sunrise or 6:00am, whichever occurs first, except as may be permitted by order of the Executive Director.
- Entering or remaining in Riverfront Park between November 1st and the Friday before Memorial Day is prohibited except as may be permitted by order of the Executive Director.
- No person shall mutilate, deface, injure, damage, or molest any building installation, personal property, or piece of equipment in any facility.
- No alcoholic beverages shall be allowed, or consumed in the facilities.
- No person shall engage in the sale or distribution of any merchandise or service or operate any concession within any facility without a permit previously obtained from the Executive Director.
- No person shall dump or dispose of any trash or garbage in any facility, except in receptacles provided therefore and generated through the use of the facility.
- No person shall scatter or dispose of any bottles, broken glass, waste, or discarded paper or litter or waste material of any kind in any facility, except in receptacles provided therefore.
- No person shall conduct himself or herself in a disorderly manner in any facility.
- No person or persons shall operate or play any amplified musical instrument or any equipment manufactured primarily for the purpose of amplified sound, or any amplifying microphone in any public park without a permit issued by the Northern Wasco County Park and Recreation District, applied for at least 5 working days in advance of the proposed use. The issuance of a permit shall not be construed to give the holder the right to create a public nuisance by the use or operation of the instrument, equipment, or microphone.
- No person shall possess a firearm as defined by ORS 166.210 (2) or weapon as set forth in ORS 166.275 in a district facility without a permit issued by the Executive Director.
- No person shall provide food or beverage for sale or distribution to the general public without first obtaining a permit from the Executive Director.
- Persons are prohibited from using tobacco products in district facilities, including parking lot areas, at all times.
- Section 3. Any person who violates any of the foregoing rules and regulations shall, upon conviction thereof in the recorder’s court, be punished by a fine of not more than $250.00 per ORS 198.600, or by imprisonment for not more than 5 days, or by both such fine and imprisonment.