We are always looking for friendly volunteers to help the market run smoothly. Come help for a few hours or the whole market, for one week or every week. Volunteers are shown appreciation all season long in a variety of ways! Please email email@example.com to get connected with our Volunteer Coordinator and sign up for a shift!
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Greeting visitors and counting customers upon entering the market with handheld counter
- Reminding customers with pets that only service animals are permitted in the market and offering to have an assistant watch their pet while they shop
- Providing customers with information and directing them to specific vendors they are looking for or to the managers booth with other needs or questions
- Offering to get an assistant to help elderly or disabled customers to help them shop, navigate the market or to assist them with taking their purchases to their vehicle.
Market Managers need assistance with a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- Set up and take down of the market, including tents, tables, and signs
- Assist managers with special events and promotions such as Friends of the Market promotion and raffles, Birthday Bucks or other events during National Farmers Market Week, Harvest Fest and other activities
- Help run the Power of Produce (POP) program table by registering children for the POP Club, getting them to sign their attendance card each week, giving them their $2 POP token
- Assist customers with shopping when needed or in getting around the market or to their vehicle with their purchases
- Pet sit for customers who brought pets to the market, so that they may shop without the pet.
- Running errands as needed for the Market Managers
- Helping in the managers booth as needed